SOUTH WESTERN COUNTIES GOLF ASSOCIATION
(The South West Group of the English Golf Union trading as England Golf)
The Inter–County Team Championship of the Association will be open to the County Unions affiliated to the Association and shall be decided by matchplay under the following conditions:
- The qualification of a player representing a County shall be as for the South Western Counties Amateur Championship and in addition a player must not have represented nor have taken part in a Golf Championship of another South Western County at any time during the same calendar year of the Team Championship.
- Matches shall be played by singles in the morning and foursomes in the afternoon. One point shall be scored for a win in the singles and one and a half points for a win in the foursomes. Each County team competing shall play every other County team.
- Each County shall score one point for a “Team” win. In the event of a tie for the Team Championship, the winner shall be the County with the most points from individual matches. If a tie still exists the Championship shall be shared.
- Teams shall consist of eight players for each morning and afternoon match. Two substitutions from the team which played in the morning singles may be made for the afternoon foursomes. Further substitutions may only be made in the case of emergency subject to the agreement of the Championship Committee of the Association. Where an emergency substitution is agreed, the substitute shall take the place of the player who had to withdraw.
- Each County Captain shall hand to the Secretary of the Association, before 6.00pm on the preceding evening, the names and order of play of his Team for the next morning and shall hand to him likewise the names and order of play of his Team for the afternoon not later than 30 minutes before its first match is due to start. After these times, no alteration may be made in any Team except in an emergency (see Rule (d) above.)
- All disputes shall be settled as expeditiously as possible by the Championship Committee of the Association (3 to form a quorum) and its decision shall be final.
NB: These Rules & Conditions must be read in conjunction with the South Western Counties Golf Association General Rules and Regulations for Championships and Tournaments.